- About the Arts Centre Corporation Board of Directors (Yukon)
- Apply to be a member
- Current members
About the Arts Centre Corporation Board of Directors (Yukon)
The Council oversees and manages the Yukon Arts Centre Corporation and its programs.
- Authority: Arts Centre Act, section 1
- Type: governing
- Appointment process: ministerial
- Requirements: members are selected with the view to achieve adequate representation of fine arts groups and their audiences.
- Term: not to exceed 3 years but may be reappointed for a further term
- Meetings: monthly
- Department: Tourism and Culture
- Honoraria: $75 per day
Apply to be a member
Any resident of the Yukon is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Ben Robinson, member from October 15, 2020 to October 14, 2023
- Browen Duncan, member from May 27, 2021 to May 26, 2024
- Gareth Howells, member from July 22, 2021 to July 21, 2024
- Genesee Keevil, members from February 22, 2022 to February 21, 2025
- Emily Farrell, member from February 22, 2022 to February 21, 2025
- Ken Anderson, member from July 22, 2021 to July 21, 2024
- Line Gagnon member from October 15, 2020 to October 14, 2023
- Timothy Cant, member from July 22, 2021 to July 21, 2024
For questions about the Arts Centre Corporation Board of Directors (Yukon) phone 867-667-8575, or fax 867-393-6300, or toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 8575.