- About the Concession and Compensation Review Board
- Apply to be a member
- Current members
About the Concession and Compensation Review Board
The Board makes recommendations to the Minister with respect to the issuance, revocation, cancellation or suspension of outfitting concessions and trapping concessions. The Board makes recommendations to the Minister on compensation to outfitters and trappers whose business is affected by Yukon government initiatives outlined in the Wildlife Act.
In addition, the Board hold hearings where there is disagreement with a condition imposed on an authorization through the conditional review process established through s. 127 of the Wildlife Act. After the hearing, the Concession and Compensation Review Board provides a report to the Minister. The Minister must consider the report and then may confirm, remove or amend the condition.
- Authority: Wildlife Act, section 192(2) and 127
- Type: advisory
- Appointment process: Order-In-Council
- Requirements: no legislated criteria required to join
- Term: not to exceed 3 years but may be reappointed for a further term
- Meetings: as required
- Department: Environment
- Honoraria: $125 per day
Apply to be a member
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Alexandra H. de Jong Westman, member from August 10, 2023, to August 9, 2026
- Paul Butra, member from March 23, 2022, to March 22, 2025
- Richard Christiansen, member from March 23, 2022, to March 22, 2025
- Teena Dickson, member from March 23, 2022, to March 22, 2025
For questions about the Concession and Compensation Review Board email phone 867-667-5336, or fax 867-393-6213, or toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5336.