- About the Council for the Association of Professional Engineers of Yukon
- Apply to be a member
- Current members
About the Council for the Association of Professional Engineers of Yukon
The Council manages and conducts the business and affairs of Association of Professional Engineers of Yukon. The Board develops governing regulations and bylaws for the Association.
- Authority: Engineering Profession Act, section 9
- Type: regulatory
- Appointment process: ministerial
- Requirements: The public member must be: a Canadian citizen or a person who is lawfully admitted to Canada for permanent residence, a resident of Yukon, and not a professional engineer or holder of a limited licence of the Association
- Term: 2 years for the public member and 1 year for the president and vice-president
- Meetings: once every 2 months
- Department: Community Services
Apply to be a member
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
No current members
For questions about the Council for the Association of Professional Engineers of Yukon phone 867-667-6727, or fax 867-668-2142, or toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 6727.