- About the Pharmacy Advisory Committee
- Apply to be a member of the Pharmacy Advisory Committee
- Current members
About the Pharmacy Advisory Committee
The Committee, at the request of the Registrar of Pharmacists, provides advise on: the standards of practice of pharmacist and the standards of practice of rural permit holders; the code of ethics of pharmacists and the code of ethics of rural permit holders; requirements for registration; actions to be taken in relation to complaints of unprofessional conduct; the composition of the discipline committee; information to be provided to the public about the functions and areas of knowledge, skill and judgement of registrants, the standards of practice of pharmacists, the standards of practice of rural permit holders, the code of pharmacists and the code of ethics of rural permit holders; and any other matters relating to regulation of the practice of pharmacy. The Committee also: reviews applications for registration and licences, and for the renewal and reinstatement of registrations and licences, and provides advice about them; participates in national initiatives related to the practice of pharmacy and provides feedback on those initiatives to the Registrar of Pharmacists; and performs any other tasks related to the purposes of the Act.
- Authority: Health Professions Act Section 3(s), and 5
- Type: advisory
- Appointment process: ministerial
- Requirements: at least 3 members of the Committee must be pharmacists or eligible to be a pharmacist
- Meetings: once per month
- Department: Community Services
- Honoraria: $125 per day
Apply to be a member of the Pharmacy Advisory Committee
Any resident of the Yukon is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Cheng Ta Ho, member from January 27, 2022, to January 26, 2025
- Greg Oldridge, member from May 5, 2022, to May 4, 2025
- Joanne Gibson, member and chair from May 5, 2022, to May 4, 2025
- Kelly Labine, member from January 12, 2023, to January 11, 2026
For questions about the Pharmacy Advisory Committee, email email@example.com phone 867-332-7295, or toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408.