- About the Porcupine Caribou Management Board
- Apply to be a member of the Porcupine Caribou Management Board
- Current members
About the Porcupine Caribou Management Board
Provides advice and makes recommendations to governments and traditional caribou users for the conservation and management of the Porcupine Caribou herd and its habitat. The Board establishes and maintains communications with Native users, governments and others to ensure Native participation in cooperative management decisions.
- Authority: Porcupine Caribou Management Agreement (1985)
- Type: advisory
- Appointment process: ministerial
- Requirements: no legislated criteria required to join
- Term: 5 years
- Meetings: 4 times per year
- Department: Environment
- Honoraria: $250 per day
Apply to be a member of the Porcupine Caribou Management Board
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Matt Clarke, member from May 5, 2022 to May 4, 2027
- Peter Gibson, alternate member from ay 5, 2022 to May 4, 2027
- Ryan Peterson, alternate member from January 18, 2018 to January 17, 2023
For questions about the Porcupine Caribou Management Board email email@example.com or phone 867-633-4780, or fax 867-393-3904.