- About the Aviation Advisory Committee (Yukon)
- Apply to be a member
- Current members
About the Aviation Advisory Committee (Yukon)
The Yukon Aviation Advisory Committee reports and is accountable to the Minister. The Committee makes recommendations to the Minister on the following matters in relation to administration of the Public Airports Act:
- development of and changes to service levels to capitalize on opportunities for economic growth; and
- propose regulatory changes affecting Yukon airports and aerodromes.
- Read the terms of reference
- Authority: Public Airports Act, section 17
- Type: advisory
- Appointment process: ministerial
- Requirements: no legislated criteria required to join
- Term: not to exceed 2 years but may be reappointed for a further term
- Meetings: at least 1 time per year
- Department: Highways and Public Works
Apply to be a member
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Christopher Altherr, member from October 1, 2021 to September 30, 2023
- Craig Unterschute, member from October 1, 2021 to September 30, 2023
- David Sharp, member and chair from October 1, 2021 to September 30, 2023
- James Clark, member from October 1, 2021 to September 30, 2023
- Michael Templeton, member from October 1, 2021 to September 30, 2023
For questions about the Aviation Advisory Committee (Yukon) phone 867-667-8270, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 8270.