- About the Licensed Practical Nurses Advisory Committee
- Apply to be a member
- Current members
About the Licensed Practical Nurses Advisory Committee
The Committee provides advice to the Government of Yukon about: educational standards to be set for licensed practical nurses; training programs for licensed practical nurses; qualifications for registration; and registration fees, annual fees, and reinstatement fees payable under the Act. The Committee also: reviews applications for registration; develops and publicizes the functions and areas of competence of and standards of practice for licensed practical nurses; monitors the need for licensed practical nurses; performs any other tasks in keeping with the purposes of the Act requested by the Minister; and reviews every complaint made against a licensed practical nurse that is received by the Registrar.
- Authority: Licensed Practical Nurses Act, section 2
- Type: advisory
- Appointment process: Order-In-Council
- Requirements: at least 3 members must be licensed practical nurses
- Term: 3 years
- Meetings: as required
- Department: Community Services
- Honoraria: $125 per day
Apply to be a member
Any resident of the Yukon is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Amanda Fraser, member from December 1, 2022, to November 30, 2025
- Heidi Foley, member from January 27, 2022, to January 26, 2025
- Jill Wnek, member from March 11, 2021, to March 10, 2024
- Matthew Wilson, member and chair from February 22, 2022, to February 21, 2025
For questions about the Licensed Practical Nurses Advisory Committee, please email email@example.com phone 867-332-7295, or toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408.