- About the Joint Management Committee (Yukon)
- Apply to be a member of the Joint Management Committee (Yukon)
- Current members
About the Joint Management Committee (Yukon)
- to provide advice to the Minister on health care policy, program implementation and cost;
- to make recommendations aimed at maintaining and improving the management and provision of quality medical services in Yukon; and
- to examine policy approaches and costs of various elements of the health care system.
- Authority: Health Care Insurance Plan Act, section 8(2) and Yukon Joint Management Committee Regulations
- Type: advisory
- Appointment process: ministerial
- Requirements: no legislated criteria required to join
- Term: indeterminate
- Meetings: quarterly
- Department: Health and Social Services
- Honoraria: OIC 1995/020
Apply to be a member of the Joint Management Committee (Yukon)
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
For information about the current membership, phone 867-667-8541 or toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 8541.
For questions about the Joint Management Committee (Yukon) phone 867-667-8541, fax 867-667-3096, or phone toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 8541.