- About the Private Investigators and Security Agencies Review Board
- Apply to be a member
- Current members
About the Private Investigators and Security Agencies Review Board
Hears appeals of a decision, direction or Order made by the Registrar and advises the Registrar on matters the Registrar wishes to refer to it.
- Authority: Private Investigators and Security Guards Act, section 22
- Type: advisory, adjudicative
- Appointment process: ministerial
- Requirements: no legislated criteria required to join
- Term: 3 years and may be reappointed
- Meetings: as required
- Department: Community Services
- Honoraria: $75 per day
Apply to be a member
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Carl Vendette, member from May 5, 2022 to May 4, 2025
- Fabrizio Rayo-Vazquez member from May 5, 2022 to May 4, 2025
- Georgina Nagano, chair from May 5, 2022 to May 4, 2025
For questions about the Private Investigators and Security Agencies Review Board, please email email@example.com phone 867-332-7295, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408.