- About the Private Investigators and Security Agencies Review Board
- Apply to be a member
- Current members
About the Private Investigators and Security Agencies Review Board
Hears appeals of a decision, direction or Order made by the Registrar and advises the Registrar on matters the Registrar wishes to refer to it.
- Authority: Private Investigators and Security Guards Act, section 22
- Type: advisory, adjudicative
- Appointment process: ministerial
- Requirements: no legislated criteria required to join
- Term: 3 years and may be reappointed
- Meetings: as required
- Department: Community Services
- Honoraria: $75 per day
Apply to be a member
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Paul Battin, member and chair from October 25, 2018, to October 24, 2021
- Ron Des Jardin, member representing security consulting agencies or securities guard agencies, from May 15, 2018 to May 14, 2021
For questions about the Private Investigators and Security Agencies Review Board phone Jennifer Roach at 867-332-7295, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408.