- About the Hospital Corporation Board of Trustees (Yukon)
- Apply to be a member of the Hospital Corporation Board of Trustees (Yukon)
- Current members
About the Hospital Corporation Board of Trustees (Yukon)
The Board governs the activities and programs of the Yukon Hospital Corporation. The objects of the Corporation are to supply:
- hospital and medical care and service;
- supervised residential care and continuing care; and
- rehabilitative care and services so as to meet the needs of people in Yukon.
- Authority: Hospital Act, section 1 and Yukon Hospital Corporation Board of Trustees Remuneration Regulation
- Type: advisory
- Appointment process: Order-In-Council
- Requirements: if a group fails to make the nominations it is entitled to make, the Commissioner in Executive Council may appoint persons who are nominated by the Minister instead of by the group in question. Suitability of members, including knowledge, experience and competence in respect of matters relevant to the operations of the board and the activities and programs of the Corporation are required and can be found here.
- Term: 3 years and may be reappointed for further terms
- Meetings: once per month
- Department: Health and Social Services
- Honoraria: OIC 2010/111 and OIC 2010/207
Apply to be a member of the Hospital Corporation Board of Trustees (Yukon)
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Anne (Laurel) Montrose, member from June 10, 2019 to June 9, 2022
- Brian Gillen, chair and member from June 1, 2018 to May 31, 2021
- Dr. Kathleen Dalinghaus, member from July 17, 2019 to July 16, 2022
- Jay Massie, Council of Yukon First Nations member from June 1, 2018 to May 31, 2021
- Judy Gingell, Council of Yukon First Nations member from June 1, 2018 to May 31, 2021
- Manon Moreau, member from March 4, 2019 to March 13, 2022
- Myra Iles, First Nations member from June 1, 2018 to May 31, 2020
- Richard Durocher, member from June 1, 2018 to May 31, 2021
- Vera Holmes, member from June 1, 2018 to May 31, 2020
For questions about the Hospital Corporation Board of Trustees (Yukon) phone 867-393-8732, or fax 867-393-8707, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 8732.