- About the Hospital Corporation Board of Trustees (Yukon)
- Apply to be a member
- Current members
About the Hospital Corporation Board of Trustees (Yukon)
The board governs the activities and programs of the Yukon Hospital Corporation. The objectives of the corporation are to supply:
- hospital and medical care and service;
- supervised residential care and continuing care; and
- rehabilitative care and services to meet the needs of people in the Yukon.
More about the board
- Authority: Hospital Act, section 1 and Yukon Hospital Corporation Board of Trustees Remuneration Regulation
- Type: advisory
- Appointment process: Order-In-Council
- Requirements: if a group fails to make the nominations it's entitled to make, the Commissioner in Executive Council may appoint people who are nominated by the Minister instead of by the group in question. Suitability of members including knowledge, experience and competence regarding matters relevant to the operations of the board and the activities and programs of the corporation are required. Get more information.
- Term: 3 years and may be reappointed for further terms
- Meetings: once per month
- Department: Health and Social Services
- Honoraria: OIC 2010/111 and OIC 2010/207
Apply to be a member
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 2nd Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Yukon Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Allan Lucier, member and chair from June 1, 2021, to May 31, 2023
- Allison Kormendy, First Nations member from July 14, 2022, to July 13, 2025
- Cameron Lockwood Watson Lake member from July 14, 2022, to July 13, 2025
- Colin McDowell, member August 6, 2020, to August 6, 2023
- Dr. Kathleen Dalinghaus, member from July 18, 2022, to July 17, 2025
- Myra Iles, First Nations member from August 7, 2020, to August 5, 2023
- Ron Veale, member from October 1, 2021, to September 30, 2024
- Tosh Southwick, First Nations member from October 1, 2020, to September 30, 2022
- Vera Holmes, Dawson City member from July 22, 2022, to July 21, 2025
For questions about the Hospital Corporation Board of Trustees (Yukon) phone 867-393-8732 or fax 867-393-8707, or toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 8732.