- About the Housing Corporation Board of Directors (Yukon)
- Apply to be a member
- Current members
About the Housing Corporation Board of Directors (Yukon)
The Yukon Housing Corporation’s Board of Directors, as an agent of the Government of Yukon, is responsible for the stewardship of the Corporation. As steward, the Board directs and controls the Corporation’s affairs in accordance with the Housing Corporation Act, the Housing Development Act, the Corporate Governance Act, the Financial Administration Act and other policies and applicable legislation. The board may make bylaws regulating its proceedings and generally for the conduct and management of the affairs of the corporation.
Apply to be a member
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Allyn (Al) Lyon, member from February 1, 2020, to January 31, 2022
- Carl Rumscheidt, member from February 1, 2020, to January 31, 2022
- Carol Buzzell, member from February 1, 2020 to January 31, 2022
- George Bailey, member from February 1, 2020 to January 31, 2023
- Georgina Nagano, member and chair from February 1, 2021 to January 31, 2022
- Joanna Joniec, member from August 21, 2018, to August 20, 2021
- Richard Laberge, member from February 1, 2020 to January 31, 2023
For questions about the Housing Corporation Board of Directors phone 867-667-6274, or fax 867-393-6274, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5155.