- About the Housing Corporation Board of Directors (Yukon)
- Apply to be a member
- Current members
About the Housing Corporation Board of Directors (Yukon)
Yukon Housing Corporation’s Board of Directors, as an agent of the Government of Yukon, is responsible for the stewardship of the corporation. As steward, the board directs and controls the corporation’s affairs in accordance with the Housing Corporation Act, the Housing Development Act, the Corporate Governance Act, the Financial Administration Act and other policies and applicable legislation.
The board may make bylaws regulating its proceedings and generally for the conduct and management of the affairs of the corporation.
Apply to be a member
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 2nd Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Anne (Wendy) Kennedy, member from March 23, 2022, to March 22, 2025
- Christine Mahar, member from August 21, 2021, to August 20, 2024
- Doris Bill, chair from May 15, 2023, to May 14, 2026
- Lawrence (Larry) Bagnell, member from January 26, 2023, to January 25, 2026
- Megan Grudeski, member from February 22, 2022, to February 21, 2024
- Richard Laberge, deputy chair from February 1, 2023, to January 31, 2026
- Member - vacant
For questions about the Yukon Housing Corporation Board of Directors phone 867-667-5155, or fax 867-393-6274, or toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5155.