- About the Licensed Practical Nurses Discipline Panel
- Apply to be a member of the Building Standards Board
- Current members
About the Licensed Practical Nurses Discipline Panel
The Discipline Panel is a pool of individuals available to determine complaints made against Licensed Practical Nurses. Members of the Discipline Panel may be appointed by the Chair of the Licensed Practical Nurses Advisory Committee to form a committee of inquiry, which can investigate, hear and determine a complaint. If a committee of inquiry determines that a complaint is justified, the committee of inquiry may reprimand the person complained against or suspend or cancel the registration of that person.
- Authority: Licensed Practical Nurses Act, section 7
- Type: governing, adjudicative
- Appointment process: Order-In-Council
- Requirements: no legislated criteria required to join
- Term: indefinite
- Meetings: as required
- Department: Community Services
Apply to be a member of the Building Standards Board
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Alyssa Fralick, licensed practical nurse member since June 19, 2015
- Cory Hoehn, member since June 19, 2015
- Helmer Hermanson, member since June 19, 2015
- Laura Donald, licensed practical nurse member since June 19, 2015
- Laurel Montrose, member since June 19, 2015
- Milton Mugadza, licensed practical nurse member since June 19, 2015
- Paul Battin, public member since January 29, 2016
- Penny Gilson, licensed practical nurse public member since January 29, 2016
- Robert Jones, member since June 19, 2015
- Robin Somerton, licensed practical nurse member since January 29, 2016
- Sandra Ladret, licensed practical nurse member since June 19, 2015
- Tara Goodwin-Chief, member since June 19, 2015
For questions about the Licensed Practical Nurses Discipline Panel phone 867-667-5111, fax 867-667-3609 or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5111.