- About the Business Incentive Review Committee
- Apply to be a member of the Business Incentive Review Committee
- Current Members
About the Business Incentive Review Committee
The Committee advises the Minister and/or Deputy Minister on matters pertaining to the Policy and Incentive Rebate Schedules, and assists in the application and administration of the Policy.
The Committee advises the Minister on any appeal referred to the Committee by the Minister and any other matter that the Minister may choose to refer to the Committee. The Minister makes the decision regarding the appeal and gives written notice of that decision. The decision of the Minister is final.
- Authority: Yukon government Policy 1.17, paragraph 2.1.1
- Type: advisory
- Appointment process: ministerial
- Requirements: no legislated criteria required to join
- Term: 3 years
- Meetings: 1 to 2 times per year
- Department: Economic Development
- Honoraria: $125 per day
Apply to be a member of the Business Incentive Review Committee
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- There are no members at this time
For questions about the Business Incentive Review Committee email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-393-7014, or fax 1-867-393-6944, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 7014.