- About the Electrical Safety Standards Board
- Apply to be a member of the Electrical Safety Standards Board
- Current members
About the Electrical Safety Standards Board
The Board has territory-wide jurisdiction and hears appeals regarding the withdrawal of a contractor's privileges, suspension of a contractor's license and denials of permits to homeowners and unlicensed electricians.
- Authority: Electrical Protection Act, section 16
- Type: advisory, adjudicative
- Appointment process: Order-In-Council
- Requirements: the 5 members are qualified by training and experience in the electrical field and include: 2 licensed electrical contractors, 1 electrical engineer and 2 qualified electricians.
- Term: 3 years
- Meetings: as needed
- Department: Community Services
- Honoraria: none
Apply to be a member of the Electrical Safety Standards Board
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Benoit Labelle, member from February 28, 2018 to February 27, 2021
- Daryl Drift, member from February 28, 2018 to February 27, 2021
- Frank Thomas, member from February 28, 2018 to February 27, 2021
- Jason Taylor, member from February 28, 2018 to February 27, 2021
- Ross Dorward, member and chair from February 28 2018, to February 27, 2021
For questions about the Dän Keyi Renewable Resources Council phone 867-456-6596.