- About the Liquor Board (Yukon)
- Apply to be a member of the Liquor Board (Yukon)
- Current members
About the Liquor Board (Yukon)
The Board is responsible for licensing decisions, and for hearing appeals of license suspensions, barrings, and permit refusals. It is a quasi-judicial body that operates at arm’s length from the Corporation.
- Authority: Liquor Act, section 3, Yukon Liquor Corporation Board Members’ Remuneration Regulation
- Type: adjudicative
- Appointment process: Order-In-Council
- Requirements: no legislated criteria required to join
- Term: 3 years and eligible for reappointment
- Meetings: monthly with additional meetings scheduled as required
- Department: Yukon Liquor Corporation
- Honoraria: OIC 2012/217
Apply to be a member of the Liquor Board (Yukon)
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- David Hett, member from April 1, 2018, to March 31, 2021 and vice-chair from April 18, 2019 to Mach 31, 2021
- Deborah Bartlette, member from August 13, 2019, to August 12, 2022
- Eva Bidrman, member from April 1, 2018, to March 31, 2021 and chair from August 13, 2019 to March 31, 2021
- Jean-Sebastien Blais, member from August 7, 2018, to August 6, 2021
- Odessa Epp, member from April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2022
For questions about the Liquor Board (Yukon) email Yukon.Liquor@gov.yk.ca or phone 867-667-5245, fax 867-393-6306, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5245.