- About the Employment Standards Board
- Apply to be a member
- Current members
About the Employment Standards Board
The Board hears appeals of certificates and other decisions made by the Director of Employment Standards, recommends minimum wage and fair wage schedule rates to Cabinet, and advises the Minister on matters referred to it. The Board has the authority to make orders fixing the minimum wage and to establish minimum call-in hours, maximum deductions for room and board among other things. Before these orders of the Board come into effect, they must be approved by Cabinet.
Apply to be a member
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Dianne Williams, member representing employees, from December 18, 2020 to December 17, 2023
- Kynan McIntyre, vice-chair and member representing employers, from December 18, 2020 to December 17, 2023
- Mika Ebisawa, member from September 2, 2021 to September 1, 2024
- Sebastien Tolgyesi, member representing employers, from December 18, 2020 to December 17, 2023
- Thomas Ullyett, chair from May 8, 2019 to May 7, 2022
For questions and concerns relating to the Employment Standards Act or employment in Yukon, please call 867-667-5944 or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408. For questions about the Employment Standards Board, phone 867-332-7295.