- About the Gas Burning Devices Act Appeal Board
- Apply to be a member of the Gas Burning Devices Act Appeal Board
- Current Members
About the Gas Burning Devices Act Appeal Board
On hearing an appeal of a party who was refused a licence or who had their licence revoked or suspended under the Act, the Appeal Board shall confirm, vary, or reverse the decision, order or ruling of an inspector and may order the appellant or any other person to comply with its decision.
- Authority: Gas Burning Devices Act, section 17(3)
- Type: adjudicative
- Appointment process: ministerial
- Requirements: at least 2 members must be representative of the gas fitting industry
- Term: indeterminate
- Meetings: as required
- Department: Community Services
- Honoraria: $125 per day
Apply to be a member of the Gas Burning Devices Act Appeal Board
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- There are no members at this time
For questions about the Gas Burning Devices Act Appeal Board phone 867-456-6596.