- About the Review Board (Yukon)
- Apply to be a member of the Review Board (Yukon)
- Current members
About the Review Board (Yukon)
The lieutenant governor in council of the province appoints not fewer than 5 members. The Chair must be a judge of the Federal Court or of a superior, district or county court of a province, or a person who is qualified for appointment to, or has retired from, such a judicial office.
- Authority: Criminal Code (Canada), section 672.38
- Type: adjudicative
- Appointment process: Order-In-Council
- Requirements: must have at least 1 member who is entitled under the laws of a province to practice psychiatry and, where only 1 member is so entitled, at least 1 other member must have training and experience in the field of mental health, and be entitled under the laws of a province to practice medicine or psychology
- Term: indeterminate
- Meetings: twice-three times per month for up to 5 days
- Department: Justice
- Honoraria: Chairperson, psychiatrist $950/day; psychologist $680/per day; lay member $400/per day
Apply to be a member of the Review Board (Yukon)
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Alla Blysak member from April 9, 2020 to April 8, 2023
- Andrew Kolchak, member from April 25, 2019, to April 24, 2021
- Barbara Kane, member from April 9, 2020, to April 8, 2024
- Chantal Genier member from April 9, 2020 to April 8, 2023
- Christina Brobby, member and vice-chair November 21, 2019 to November 20, 2021
- Jeremy Baumbach, member from April 9, 2020, to April 8, 2024
- Marilyn Smith, member from April 9, 2020, to April 8, 2024
- Richard A. Buchan, member and chair from April 9, 2020, to April 8, 2025
For questions about the Review Board (Yukon) email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-3596, or fax 867-393-6212, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 3596.