- About the Bid Challenge Committee
- Apply to be a member of the Bid Challenge Committee
- Current Members
About the Bid Challenge Committee
The Committee convenes hearings to address complaints received on the tendering process under the Contracting and Procurement Regulation and Contracting and Procurement Directive. The Committee reports its findings and recommendations to the Deputy Head of the procurement authority and the complainant. The Committee may recommend redress for the complainant's reasonable costs to prepare a bid/proposal and/or the complainant's reasonable costs to participate in the hearing. The Deputy Head of the procurement authority makes the final decision regarding implementation of the Committee's recommendations.
- Authority: Financial Administration Act section 24(3) and 80, Contract and Procurement Regulation section 8, Contracting and Procurement Regulation and Contracting and Procurement Directive part 8, Bid Challenge Committee Terms of Reference
- Type: advisory, adjudicative
- Appointment process: ministerial
- Requirements: no legislated criteria required to join.
- Term: not to exceed 2 years but may be reappointed for a further term
- Meetings: as required
- Department: Highways and Public Works
- Honoraria: $125 per day
Apply to be a member of the Bid Challenge Committee
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Chad Harwood, member from December 18, 2018, to December 17, 2020
- Ian Pumphrey, member from December 18, 2018, to December 17, 2020
- Keith Tegart, char from December 18, 2018, to December 17, 2020
- Lee Fleming, member from December 18, 2018, to December 17, 2020
- Mark Hill, member from December 18, 2018, to December 17, 2020
- Mike Travill, member from December 18, 2018, to December 17, 2020
- Ryan Warner, alternate chair from December 18, 2018, to December 17, 2020
For questions about the Bid Challenge Committee phone 867-667-5479, or fax 1-867-667-5479, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5479.