- About the Law Society of Yukon Complaint Dismissal Review Committee
- Apply to be a member of the Law Society of Yukon Complaint Dismissal Review Committee
- Current members
About the Law Society of Yukon Complaint Dismissal Review Committee
A committee of the Law Society of Yukon (LSY), The Complaints Dismissal Review Committee (CDRC) reviews complaints dismissed by the Investigator to determine whether the decision of the Investigator was appropriate.
- Authority: Legal Profession Act, section 9 (2)(a)
- Type: adjudicative
- Appointment process: order-in-council
- Requirements: must consist of 3 or more qualified members appointed by the Executive of the Law Society of Yukon and two or more public representatives who are not members of the LSY and appointed by the Commissioner in Executive Council
- Term: 3 years
- Meetings: as required
- Department: Justice
- Honoraria: none
Apply to be a member of the Law Society of Yukon Complaint Dismissal Review Committee
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- there are no active members at this time
For questions about the Law Society Yukon Complaint Dismissal Review Committee email email@example.com, phone 867-668-4231, or fax 867-667-7556.