- About the Lottery Commission (Yukon)
- Apply to be a member of the Lottery Commission (Yukon)
- Current members
About the Lottery Commission (Yukon)
The Commission is an agent of the Government of Yukon. Oversight for interjurisdictional lotteries in Yukon is provided by both the Commission and the Western Canada Lottery Corporation. The Commission is responsible for the conduct and management of interjurisdictional lotteries and, subject to the regulations, the allocation of the profits of interjurisdictional lotteries to projects and activities throughout Yukon for arts, sport, and recreation. The Commission provides advice to the Minister responsible for the Yukon Lottery Commission.
- Authority: Public Lotteries Act, section 2
- Type: regulatory
- Appointment process: ministerial
- Requirements:no legislated criteria required to join
- Term: 2 years
- Meetings: 4 to 5 times a year
- Department: Lotteries Yukon
- Honoraria: cabinet decision 1991/06/20
Apply to be a member of the Lottery Commission (Yukon)
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Beverly James, member from September 11, 2019 to September 10, 2021
- Bunne Palamar, member and vice chair from September 11, 2019 to September 10, 2021
- Frank Curlew, member and chair from February 27, 2019 to February 26, 2021
- Gregory Torrance (Torrie) Hunter, member from September 11, 2019 to September 10, 2021
- Norma Davignon, member from May 4, 2018, to May 3, 2020
- Trevor Ellis, member from May 4, 2018, to May 3, 2020
- Warren Pearson, member from September 11, 2019 to September 10, 2021
For questions about the Lottery Commission (Yukon) LotteriesYukon@gov.yk.ca or phone 867-633-7890, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0555, ext. 7890.