- About the Mediation Board
- Apply to be a member of the Mediation Board
- Current members
About the Mediation Board
The Board acts as an arbiter in cases where land is being repossessed for non-payment of taxes under the Assessment and Taxation Act. The Board performs those duties assigned to it by the Commissioner in Executive Council.
- Authority: Mediation Board Act, section 2
- Type: adjudicative
- Appointment process: Order-In-Council
- Requirements: no legislated requirements required to join.
- Term: unspecified
- Meetings: as required
- Department: Justice
- Honoraria: $125 per day
Apply to be a member of the Mediation Board
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Justin Gorczyca, member from January 15, 2018 to indeterminate
For questions about the Mediation Board phone 867-667-5784, or fax 867-393-6212, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5478.