- About the Physiotherapists Advisory Committee
- Apply to be a member
- Current members
About the Physiotherapists Advisory Committee
Advise Yukon government about educational and practice standards to be set for physiotherapists, educational programs for physiotherapists, and qualifications for registration. At the request of the Registrar to review applications for registration, advise on what to do about complaints about unprofessional conduct, and advise on the composition of the Discipline Committee. Provide and publicize the functions and areas of competence and standards of practice for physiotherapists. Develop and review clinical practice statements for physiotherapists, participate in national initiatives and provide feedback to the Registrar and perform any other tasks requested by the Minister in keeping with the purposes of the Act.
- Authority: Health Professions Act, sections 3(s), and 5
- Type: advisory
- Appointment process: ministerial
- Requirements: must be registrants in the full or inactive registers of the Physiotherapist’s Registrar as per the Physiotherapists Regulation
- Term: 3 years
- Meetings: as required
- Department: Community Services
- Honoraria: $125 per day
Apply to be a member
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Amanda McClung, member from December 8, 2021, to December 7, 2022
- Elizabeth (Anne) Milton, member and chair from October 28, 2021, to October 27, 2024
- Kristy Lerch, member from December 8, 2021, to December 7, 2024
- Sara Abassbhay, member from January 12, 2023, to January 11, 2026
For questions about the Physiotherapists Advisory Committee, email email@example.com phone 867-332-7295, or toll free inthe Yukon 1-800-661-0408.