- About the Mackenzie River Basin Board
- Apply to be a member of the Mackenzie River Basin Board
- Current members
About the Mackenzie River Basin Board
The governments of Canada, British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Yukon and the Northwest Territories signed the Mackenzie River Basin Transboundary Waters Master Agreement in 1997. The agreement commits the 6 governments to work closely together to inform about and advocate the maintenance of the ecological integrity of the entire Mackenzie watershed.
The purpose of the Mackenzie River Basin Board is to create a cooperative forum to inform about and advocate for the maintenance of the ecological integrity of the entire Mackenzie watershed.
- Authority: Mackenzie River Basin Transboundary Waters Agreement, Part D, paragraph 1(a)
- Type: advisory
- Appointment process: ministerial
- Requirements: no legislated criteria required to join
- Term: 2 years
- Meetings: 3 times a year and as needed
- Department: Environment
Apply to be a member of the Mackenzie River Basin Board
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Corrine Porter, member from April 27, 2019, to April 26, 2020
- Emma Steward, alternate member from May 22, 2019, to May 21, 2022
- Heather Jirousek, member from April 27, 2019, to April 26, 2020