- About the Medical Council (Yukon)
- Apply to be a member
- Current members
About the Medical Council (Yukon)
Under the authority of the Medical Profession Act, the Council is responsible for regulating the practice of medicine and medical care provided by licensed physicians in Yukon. They facilitate and promote an effective regulatory system for Yukon medical practitioners to serve the public interest. The Council provides leadership and guidance for medical practitioners and fosters quality health care services for Yukon.
Authority: Medical Profession Act, section 2(1)
Appointment process: Order-In-Council
Requirements: no legislated requirements required to join
Term: 3 years and may be reappointed
Meetings: once per month
Department: Community Services
Honoraria: OIC 2012/97
Apply to be a member
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Brian Kitchen, member from May 13, 2021, to May 12, 2024
- Dr. Anne (Nancy) Lambert, member from March 7, 2021, to March 6, 2024
- Dr. Daniel Carew, member and chair from June 4, 2022, to June 3, 2025
- Dr. Douglas Perry, member from October 14, 2021, to October 13, 2024
- Dr. Larry Brehmer, member from June 4, 2022, to June 3, 2025
For questions about the Medical Council (Yukon), email email@example.com or phone 867-667-3774, or fax 867-393-6483, or toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 3774.