Land Use Planning Commissions (Regional)

  • About the Land Use Planning Commissions (Regional)
  • Apply to be a member of the Land Use Planning Commissions (Regional)
  • Current members
  1. About the Land Use Planning Commissions (Regional)

    Government and any affected Yukon First Nation may agree to establish a Regional Land Use Planning Commission to develop a regional land use plan. Settlement Agreements provide for regionally based Regional Land Use Planning Commissions.

    Regional land use plans shall include recommendations for the use of land, water and other renewable and non-renewable resources in the planning region in a manner determined by the Regional Land Use Planning Commission.

    • Authority: Umbrella Final Agreement, Chapter 11.4
    • Type: advisory
    • Appointment process: ministerial appointment
    • Requirements: The majority of nominees of Yukon First Nations and the majority of nominees of Government on a Regional Land Use Planning Commission shall be Yukon residents with a long term familiarity with the region or regions being planned. Members of the Commissions shall not be delegates of the parties who nominate or appoint them.
    • Term: 3 years
    • Meetings: as required 
    • Department: Energy, Mines and Resources
    • Honoraria: $200 per day
  2. Apply to be a member of the Land Use Planning Commissions (Regional)

    Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.


    1. Complete the application.
    2. Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
    3. Submit your completed application and resume.
      In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
      Government of Yukon
      Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
      Box 2703
      Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6

    How members are selected

    Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.

    School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.

    Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:

    • Yukon Development Corporation
    • Yukon Energy Corporation
    • Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
    • Yukon Lottery Commission
    • Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
    • Yukon Arts Advisory Council
    • Yukon Utilities Board
    • Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
    • Yukon Human Rights Commission

    Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.

  3. Current members
    • there are no current members


For questions about the Land Use Planning Commissions (Regional) phone 867-667-7397, or fax 867-667-4624, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 7397.