- About the Human Rights Panel of Adjudicators (Yukon)
- Apply to be a member of the Human Rights Panel of Adjudicators (Yukon)
- Current members
About the Human Rights Panel of Adjudicators (Yukon)
The Panel of Adjudicators adjudicates complaints when asked to do so by the Human Rights Commission. The Yukon Human Rights Commission is a semi-judicial body and the Yukon Human Rights Panel of Adjudicators is a separate, independent, quasi-judicial body, which adjudicates human rights complaints.
Apply to be a member of the Human Rights Panel of Adjudicators (Yukon)
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Benjamin Bruce Warnsby, member from May 9, 2017, to May 6, 2020 April
- Judith Hartling, deputy chief adjudicator from April 11, 2019 to April 10, 2022
- Karen Keenan, member from May 9, 2017, to May 8, 2020
- Marius Curteanu, member from January 18, 2018, to January 17, 2021
- Maxwell Rispen, member from May 9, 2017, to May 8, 2020
- Michael Riseborough, member from December 15, 2018, to December 14, 2021
- Roxane Larouche, member from December 15, 2017, to December 14, 2020
- Vincen Larochelle, chief adjudicator from May 26, 2018, to May 25, 2021
For questions about the Human Rights Panel of Adjudicators (Yukon) email email@example.com or phone 867-668-5767.