- About the Land Use Planning Council (Yukon)
- Apply to be a member of the Land Use Planning Council (Yukon)
- Current members
About the Land Use Planning Council (Yukon)
The Council makes recommendations to Yukon government and each affected Yukon First Nation on the following:
- land use planning, including policies, goals and priorities, in the Yukon;
- the identification of planning regions and priorities for the preparation of regional land use plans;
- the general terms of reference, including timeframes, for each Regional Land Use Planning Commission;
- the boundary of each planning region; and
- such other matters as Yukon government and each affected Yukon First Nation may agree.
- Authority: Umbrella Final Agreement, Chapters 2.12.0 and 11.3.0
- Type: advisory
- Appointment process: ministerial
- Requirements: Yukon residents and not delegates of the parties who nominate or appoint them.
- Term: 3 years
- Meetings: annually
- Department: Energy, Mines and Resources
- Honoraria: $200 per day
Apply to be a member of the Land Use Planning Council (Yukon)
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Lois Craig, member from May 28, 2020 to May 27, 2023
- Tess McLeod, CYFN member from October 15, 2020 to October 14, 2023
For questions about the Land Use Planning Council (Yukon) phone 867-667-7397, or fax 867-667-4624.