- About the Water Board (Yukon)
- Apply to be a member of the Water Board (Yukon)
- Current members
About the Water Board (Yukon)
To provide for the conservation, development and utilization of waters for the benefit of all Canadians and for the residents of Yukon in particular. We achieve this by issuing licenses for the use of water and/or the deposit of waste.
Apply to be a member of the Water Board (Yukon)
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Anne Leckie, member from April 28, 2020, to April 27, 2021
- Benjamin Bruce Warnsby, member from August 13, 2019, to August 12, 2022
- Blanche Warrington, member from February 1, 2020, to January 31, 2023
- Carl Sidney, member from February 1, 2020, to January 31, 2023
- Jon Bowen, member from April 18, 2020, to April 17, 2023 and vice-chair from April 27, 2020 to April 17, 2023
- Piers McDonald, chair and member from December 11, 2018, to December 10, 2021
- Russel Smoler, member from February 27, 2019, to February 26, 2022
- Sam Wallingham, member from February 1, 2020 to January 31, 2023
- Susan Heffner, member from October 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021
For questions about the Water Board (Yukon) phone 867-456-3980, or fax 867-456-3980, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 3980.