- About the Whitehorse Public Library Board
- Apply to be a member
- Current members
About the Whitehorse Public Library Board
Advise the Director of Public Libraries on the delivery of library services by the Whitehorse Public Library and perform any other advisory duties with respect to that library that may be requested by the Director. This includes collections, programs and library policy. The Board has an important role as advocate for the library and gathers community input on library services.
- Authority: Public Libraries Act, section 3(1)
- Type: advisory
- Appointment process: ministerial
- Requirements: no legislated criteria required to join
- Term: 3 years
- Meetings: 5 times per year
- Department: Community Services
- Honoraria: none
Apply to be a member
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Edward Tucker, member from April 29, 2021 to April 28, 2024
- Heather McIntyre, member from January 23, 2020 to January 22, 2023
- Ian Davis, member from October 24, 2019, to October 23, 2022
- Jess Stone, member from January 23, 2020 to January 22, 2023
- Johanna Smith, member from October 24, 2019, to October 23, 2022
- Katherine Mercier, member from April 29, 2021 to April 28, 2024
- Mark Radke, member from December 8, 2021 to December 7, 2023
For questions about the Whitehorse Public Library Board email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-8062, or fax 867-393-6333, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 6333.