- About the Review Panel under Corrections Act
- Apply to be a member of the Review Panel under Corrections Act
- Current members
About the Review Panel under Corrections Act
The Review Panel under Corrections Act reviews the circumstances of inmates for the purposes of determining whether an inmate may be held in segregation or restrictive confinement, as outlined under the Corrections Act, 2009.
- Authority: Corrections Act, 2009: section 19.08, Corrections Regulation: section 23.01-23.06, 23.08-23.10, Review Panel Regulation
- Type: adjudicative
- Appointment process: Order-In-Council
- Requirements: members cannot be employees of the Whitehorse Correctional Centre and all members will be asked to complete a criminal records check for purposes of accessing the Correctional Centre
- Term: up to 5 years
- Meetings: once per week
- Department: Justice
- $125 for up to 1.5 hours
- $250 for half a day (1.5 to 3.5 hours)
- $450 for full day (3.5 to 7.5 hours)
Apply to be a member of the Review Panel under Corrections Act
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Andrew Kolchak, member from October 15, 2020 to October 14, 2025
- Barbara Kane, member from October 15, 2020 to October 14, 2025
- Christina Brobby, member from October 15, 2020 to October 14, 2025
- Chantel Genier, member from October 15, 2020 to October 14, 2025
- Marilyn Smith, member from October 15, 2020 to October 14, 2025
- Richard Buchan, chair from June 19, 2020, to June 18, 2025
For questions about the Review Panel under Corrections Act phone 867-667-3596.