- About the Community Advisory Board
- Apply to be a member of the Community Advisory Board
- Current members
About the Community Advisory Board
The board reviews and make recommendations in respect of:
- the administration of the Act and the Regulations, other than in respect of personnel matters or discipline matters for specific inmates; and
- any program established or to be established under the Act or the Regulations.
- Authority: Corrections Act, 2009, section 43
- Type: advisory
- Appointment process: ministerial order
- Requirements: no legislated criteria required to join
- Term: appointed and renewed for up to 3 years
- Meetings: as required, typically 4 times year
- Department: Justice
- Honoraria: $125 per day
Apply to be a member of the Community Advisory Board
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We're open Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Yukon Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Brian Bendell, member from July 14, 2022, to July 13, 2025
- Chantal Genier, member from September 3, 2021, to September 2, 2024
- Charles McLeod, member from September 3, 2021, to September 2, 2024
- Christopher Alway, member from September 3, 2021, to September 2, 2024
- Linda Casson, member from July 14, 2022, to July 13, 2025
- Sarah Waters, member from September 3, 2021, to September 2, 2024
- Terri Szabo, member from September 3, 2021, to September 2, 2024
For questions about the Community Advisory Board phone 867-667-5959, or toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5959.