- About the Community Advisory Board
- Apply to be a member of the Community Advisory Board
- Current members
About the Community Advisory Board
The Board reviews and make recommendations in respect of:
- the administration of the Act and the Regulations, other than in respect of personnel matters or discipline matters for specific inmates; and
- any program established or to be established under the Act or the Regulations.
- Authority: Corrections Act, 2009, section 43
- Type: advisory
- Appointment process: ministerial order
- Requirements: no legislated criteria required to join
- Term: appointed and renewed for up to 3 years
- Meetings: as required; typically 4x/year
- Department: Justice
- Honoraria: $125 per day
Apply to be a member of the Community Advisory Board
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Heather Campbell, chair from April 17, 2019, to April 16, 2022
For questions about the Community Advisory Board phone 867-667-8297, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408 ext 8297.