- About the Dän Keyi Renewable Resources Council
- Apply to be a member
- Current members
About the Dän Keyi Renewable Resources Council
Renewable Resources Councils are a primary instrument for local renewable resources management as set out in the Final Agreements. Each Renewable Resources Council, acting in the public interest and consistent with their Final Agreement may make recommendations to the Minister, the affected Yukon First Nation, the Fish and Wildlife Management Board and the Salmon Sub-Committee on any matter related to conservation of fish and wildlife. Each Renewable Resources Council makes provisions for public involvement in the development of its decisions and its recommendations.
- Authority: Kluane First Nation (“KFN”) Final Agreement, Chapter 16.6 Renewable Resources Council manual | Government of Yukon
- Type: advisory
- Appointment process: ministerial
- Requirements: members should be a resident within Kluane First Nation Traditional Territory
- Term: 3 years
- Meetings: once a month at the Council office at the Kluane Lake Athletic Association community building in Destruction Bay, Yukon
- Department: Environment
- Honoraria: Honoraria is paid to members for meetings
Apply to be a member
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Joe Bruneau, First Nations alternate member from June 17, 2021 to June 16, 2024
- Jonathan Moore, Government of Yukon member from March 14, 2022 to March 13, 2025
- Louise Bouvier, First Nations member from February 1, 2020 to January 31, 2023 and co-chair from December 8, 2021 to December 7, 2022
- Mary Jane Johnson, First Nations member from October 10, 2019 to October 9, 2022
- Ron Bouvier, Government of Yukon member from May 25, 2020 to May 24, 2023 and co-chair from December 8, 2021 to December 7, 2022
- Sandra Johnson, First Nations member from June 17, 2021 to June 16, 2024
- Sian Williams, Government of Yukon member from June 9, 2022 to June 8, 2025
For questions about the Dän Keyi Renewable Resources Council phone 867-841-5820, or fax 867-841-5921, or toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5820.