- About the Dän Keyi Renewable Resources Council
- Apply to be a member
- Current members
About the Dän Keyi Renewable Resources Council
Renewable Resources Councils are a primary instrument for local renewable resources management as set out in the Final Agreements. Each Renewable Resources Council, acting in the public interest and consistent with their Final Agreement may make recommendations to the Minister, the affected Yukon First Nation, the Fish and Wildlife Management Board and the Salmon Sub-Committee on any matter related to conservation of fish and wildlife. Each Renewable Resources Council makes provisions for public involvement in the development of its decisions and its recommendations.
- Authority: Kluane First Nation (“KFN”) Final Agreement, Chapter 16.6
- Type: advisory
- Appointment process: ministerial
- Requirements: members should be a resident within Kluane First Nation Traditional Territory
- Term: 3 years
- Meetings: once a month at the Council office at the Kluane Lake Athletic Association community building in Destruction Bay, Yukon
- Department: Environment
- Honoraria: Honoraria is paid to members for meetings
Apply to be a member
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Joe Bruneau, First Nations alternate member from June 17, 2021 to June 16, 2024
- Louise Bouvier, First Nations member from February 1, 2020 to January 31, 2023
- Mary Jane Johnson, First Nations member from October 10, 2019 to October 9, 2022 and co-chair from July 31, 2020 to July 30, 2021
- Ron Bouvier, Government of Yukon member from May 25, 2020 to May 24, 2023 and co-chair from November 12, 2020 to November 11, 2021
- Sandra Johnson, First Nations member from June 17, 2021 to June 16, 2024
- Sian Williams, Government of Yukon member from March 14, 2019, to March 13, 2022.
- Suzane Flumerfelt Government of Yukon alternate member from July 9, 2020 to July 8, 2023
For questions about the Dän Keyi Renewable Resources Council phone 867-841-5820, or fax 867-841-5921, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5820.