- About the Advisory Committee on French Language Services
- Apply to be a member of the Advisory Committee on French Language Services
- Current members
About the Advisory Committee on French Language Services
Advises the Minister responsible for the French Language Services Directorate on any matter related to the Languages Act and the implementation of Yukon Government services in French. It facilitates the consultation and dialogue with the French-speaking community on a priority basis.
- Authority: French Language Policy, GAM Policy 1.7, paragraph 2.4
- Type: advisory
- Appointment process: Order-In-Council
- Requirements: no legislated requirements required to join. It is desirable for members to have knowledge of language rights matters and Yukon government’s responsibilities under the Languages Act and the French Language Policy, GAM Policy 1.7.
- Term: member from the Francophone community at large is appointed a 3 year term and all other members are appointed for indeterminate terms
- Meetings: 4 times per year
- Department: French Language Services Directory
- Honoraria: $75 per day
Apply to be a member of the Advisory Committee on French Language Services
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Assistant Executive Director, member from August 26, 2015, to indeterminate
- Deputy Minister, Education, member from December 20, 2012, to indeterminate
- Deputy Minister of French Language Services, member from August 26, 2015, to indeterminate
- Deputy Minister of Health and Social Services, member from February 2, 2011, to indeterminate
- Deputy Minister of Justice, alternate member from December 20, 2012, to indeterminate
- Emmanuelle Praprotnik, member, January 16, 2019, to indeterminate
- Executive Director, Association franco-yukonnaise, member from September 13, 2012, to indeterminate
- Public Service Commissioner, member from December 20, 2012, to indeterminate
- Philippe Praprotnik, member from February 27, 2019, to indeterminate
- Representative, Commission scolaire francophone du Yukon, member from December 20, 2012, to indeterminate
- Véronique Boivin, member from January 17, 2019, to January 16, 2022.
For questions about the Advisory Committee on French Language Services phone 867-667-8970, or fax 867-393-6226, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 8970.