- About the Midwifery Advisory Committee
- Apply to be a member
- Current members
About the Midwifery Advisory Committee
The Committee, at the request of the Registrar of Midwives, provides advice on: standards of practice; code of ethics; requirements for licences and classes of licences; composition of the discipline committee; information to be provided to the public about the function of registrants and the areas of knowledge, skill and judgement of registrants and about the standards of practice and the code of ethics; and any other matters that relate to governing the practice of midwifery, other than matters in relation to complaints, discipline and unprofessional conduct.
- Authority: Health Professions Act, section 3(s) and 5
- Type: advisory
- Appointment process: ministerial
- Requirements: at least two members who are eligible to be licensed midwives in Yukon, plus one member who is a medical practitioner, plus one member who is neither a licensed midwife or a medical practitioner.
- Term: up to 3 years and eligible for reappointment
- Meetings: as required
- Department: Community Services
- Honoraria: Category C, $125/day
Apply to be a member
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
There are no current members.
For questions about the Midwifery Advisory Committee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org phone 867-332-7295, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408.